Volunteers are so important to our work. Whatever has inspired you to join us, you could become part of a vibrant, friendly community that makes a real difference.
Volunteering can be personally rewarding and helps you ‘give something back’ to your community.
Through volunteering you can:
- Take on a challenge – Getting involved in something new can be a real challenge. Volunteering can help you achieve personal goals, develop new skills and practice your talents. Sometimes a volunteer experience can lead you to something you never even thought about or help you to discover a hobby or interest you were unaware of.
- Be part of your community – volunteering can help build stronger communities, get involved in your community and feel part of something outside your family or circle of friends.
- Meet new people – Getting involved as a volunteer will allow you to meet lots of different kinds of people and make new friends.
- Sense of Wellbeing – Research demonstrates that volunteering can lead to better health.
- Personal Development – If you are thinking about career development, about getting a job or returning to work, the experience you gain as a volunteer can be useful.
- Have fun – Volunteering is an excellent leisure activity. Most volunteers get great enjoyment from what they do – that’s why they keep on doing it. Finding new interests and hobbies can be fun, relaxing and energizing.
- Volunteering is a two way process – As a volunteer you will have your own motivations and reasons for getting involved. A good volunteer involving organization will ask you about your motivations and try to meet your needs as well as their own.
For volunteering contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.